What is Distance Learning?
Fowler Unified School District joined the neighboring districts in the closing of ALL school campuses and Afterschool Programs beginning Tuesday, March 17th through Monday April 13th. Please know that during this time we will implement our Distance Learning Plan as our primary way to teach until we report back to school on April 14th. Although there may be some challenges with this sudden transition, we are willing to work with each of you to help make the content understandable and doable for your child.
It's important that you understand that the time away from school is NOT in any way a vacation/break. Students have been instructed on how to access assignments and resources related to school for the next 4 weeks. Many assignments will require access to online resources; and instructional packages will be provided for students that don’t have access to WiFi at home. Below are the guidelines for our Distance Learning Plan:
GUIDANCE FOR STUDENTS:
- Complete daily lessons for each class.
- Keep and/or submit all completed work. Instructional packages will be turned in to the teacher when school reopens.
- Manage your time to study and complete work daily, and if you have any questions, please email your teachers.
GUIDANCE FOR FACULTY:
- Teachers will mimic their classroom as much as possible.
- On Wednesdays, provide new instructional materials for the week. Provide hard copies to the office staff so it gets distributed to students.
- Teachers will interact with students through Google Classroom, Google Hangouts, and other tools during their regular school hours.
- Teachers will schedule online “office hours” for at least two hours per day, so students are given a chance to ask questions about their work.
GUIDANCE FOR PARENTS:
- Structure/monitor time for your child to complete their assigned school work. Keeping to a schedule will reinforce the importance of completing assignments.
- If you have any questions, please contact teachers or the front office.
- Check the Sutter website for any updates relating to resources/materials that your child might need.