Bully and Harassment Prevention and Reporting
Fowler Unified School District is committed to providing an educational setting that is safe, secure, and free from harassment and bullying for all of its students and school employees. The district will not tolerate unlawful bullying and harassment of any type.
The District has created this website as a resource and tool to help cultivate a learning environment where everyone involved can thrive and achieve excellence in education. We encourage you to review the section below and discuss with your child.
What Bullying is...
- Repeated aggressive behavior
- Intent to cause harm (physical or emotional)
- An attempt by one or more individuals to gain power over another
- Physical: Hitting, kicking, pushing, destroying property
- Verbal/Written: Threatening, name-calling, teasing, taunting
- Social/Emotional: Terrorizing, spreading rumors, intimidating, humiliating, blackmailing, isolating
- Cyber-bullying: Using technology to bully others verbally, emotionally and/or socially
What Bullying is Not...
- Not liking someone
- Accdientally bumping into someone
- A single act of telling a joke about someone
- Expression of unpleasant thougts or feelings regarding others (unless being done regularly and with intention of discrimination)
- Arguments or disagreements
- Being excluded from a game or group on the playground (unless being done regularly and with intention of discrimination)
- Isolated act of harassment, aggressive behavior, intimidation or meanness
Filing a Report
Students, parents, and community members are encouraged to notify school staff when they are being bullied or suspect that another student is being victimized.
Reasonable efforts will be made to keep a report of bullying or harassment and the result of the investigation confidential.
False Reports and Statements
Intentional false reporting, inappropriate use of the complaint process, or making statement to defame a fellow student for staff member or any illegitimate reason, will result in disciplinary consequences.
For more information and resources regarding bullying and the prevention of hate-motivated behavior, click here.
A reporting system has been created to appropriately report, investigate, and respond to situations of bullying and harassment. Click on the school for an online form to report an incident.