We are pleased to offer students of Fowler Unified School District access to the district computer network resources and the Internet. Parents, please review this document carefully with your child. Families have the right to allow the use of the Internet at school by completing this form. Agreements remain in effect for the current school year. Please review the full Student Acceptable Use Policy adopted by the School Board, available in English and Spanish below.
General Network Use
The network is provided for students to conduct research, complete assignments, attend virtual classes, and communicate with others. Access to network services is given to students who act in a considerate and responsible manner. Students are responsible for good behavior on school computer networks just as they are in a classroom or a school hallway. Access is a privilege and entails responsibility. As such, general school rules for behavior and communications apply and users must comply with district standards. Beyond the clarification of such standards, the District is not responsible for restricting, monitoring or controlling the communications of individuals utilizing the network. District staff may review files and communications to maintain system integrity and ensure that users are using the system responsibly. Users should not expect that files stored on District servers would be private.
Access to the Internet will enable students to use thousands of libraries and databases. Families should be warned that some material accessible via the Internet might contain items that are illegal, defamatory, inaccurate or potentially offensive to some people. While our intent is to make Internet access available to further educational goals and objectives, students may find ways to access other materials as well. Filtering software (GoGuardian) is in use, but no filtering system is capable of blocking 100% of the inappropriate material available on the Internet. We believe that the benefits to students from access to the Internet, in the form of information resources and opportunities for collaboration, exceed any disadvantages. Ultimately, parents and guardians of minors are responsible for setting and conveying the standards that their children should follow when using media and information sources.
Unacceptable Network Use Includes but is not limited to:
- Sending, storing, or displaying offensive messages or pictures
- Using obscene language
- Giving personal information, such as complete name, phone number, address, or identifiable photo, without permission from teacher and parent/guardian
- Cyber bullying, hate mail, harassing, insulting or attacking others, discriminatory jokes and remarks
- Damaging or modifying computers, computer systems, or computer networks: downloading, installing and using games, audio files, video files or other applications including shareware or freeware without permission to do so
- Violating copyright laws
- Sharing or using others' logins or passwords or other confidential information
- Trespassing in others' folders, work, or files
- Intentionally wasting limited resources
- Posting information, sent or stored, online that could endanger others
- Employing the network for non-academic, personal, commercial, or political purposes, financial gain, or fraud
- Attaching unauthorized equipment to the District network.
Violations may result in a loss of access. Additional disciplinary action may be determined at the school level. When applicable, law enforcement agencies may be involved. Students in grades 6-12 will also receive this agreement to complete through StudentSquare at a later date.
Please complete the authorization in the Aeries Parent Portal to indicate that you have reviewed and agree to the acceptable use agreement.