The current daily rate of pay for substitute teaching is $125. After the 15th consecutive day, the daily rate increases to $135 for a long term substitute teacher with a clear credential.
Applicants for substitute teaching positions must submit the following:
- A completed District Application
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Copy of TB test results or TB Risk Questionnaire
- Copy of CBEST Card
- Copy of Credential or 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit
- One letter of character recommendation from either a district you have previously worked for or your Master Teacher
- HireRight, Inc. Background Investigation*
* If you have a B.A. and have not passed the CBEST or have not taken the CBEST you may still be eligible to substitute in Fowler USD.
**A HireRight criminal background check is required of all new substitute teachers as of April 13, 2005.
*** If you have been fingerprinted at the Fresno County Office of Education, please let us know. Otherwise, a fingerprinting appointment must be made for you at the Fresno County Office of Education.
If you are interested in substitute teaching, call Martha Torres at (559) 834-6080 or send an e-mail to Martha.Torres@fowler.k12.ca.us.