Substitute teachers are a valued asset and play an integral role in the education of our students. The substitute teachers posting will be opened on the EdJoin website.
How do I become a Substitute Teacher?
- Become qualified. All substitute teachers must either possess a valid California teaching credential OR hold a bachelor's degree and have passed the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
- Submit an online application via EdJoin.
- Monitor your email. You will be contacted if selected to be a substitute teacher.
The current daily rate of pay for substitute teaching is $140. After the 15th consecutive day, the daily rate increases to $150 for a long-term substitute teacher with a clear credential.
Applicants for substitute teaching positions must submit the following:
- A completed District Application on EdJoin
- Copy of TB clearance (TB test or Risk Assessment)
- Copy of CBEST Card
- Copy of Credential or 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit
- One letter of character recommendation from either a district you have previously worked for or your Master's Teacher
***If you have been fingerprinted at the Fresno County Office of Education, please let us know. Otherwise, a fingerprinting appointment must be made for you at the Fresno County Superintendent of Schools Office.
Need a Substitute permit:
Please refer to the resources available on the FCSS webpage. Click on the following link http://credentials.fcoe.org/new-california-educators. Specifically, click on the applicable links in the sections titled, “Substitute Teaching” and “Additional Resources”. These links will walk you through a step by step process on how to obtain a substitute teaching permit
If you are interested in substitute teaching, call the Human Resources Department at (559) 834-6083 or send an email to: Edith.Cantu@fowler.k12.ca.us.